Heather and Chris speak together and separately about the future of work, education transformation, corporate culture, and innovation and entrepreneurship. To inquire about speaking engagements, please send email to email@example.com.
AMP EDGE OF POSSIBILITIES 2017
In this keynote talk, Heather and Chris shared their thesis that Future of Work need not be daunting, but it must be understood in order that we re-imagine our essential institutions – education, workplaces, social structures, transform our mindset to embrace learning agility, and build anew the foundations of a vibrant, global economy.
LEADIN GROUP, China, 2017
This is a talk on the Future of Work catered for HR Managers in China with specific focus on issues of attracting and retaining talent. As we approach the greatest velocity of change the future of work is learning
Chris Shipley - FutureWork - Inside/Outside Innovation Summit 2017
Talk: Dancing with Elephants: What I Learned Trying To Navigate Startup-Saving Deals
Every startup dreams of nailing that one great deal that validates (and finances) your nascent business. But be careful what you wish for. Elephants dance to a very different drummer.
START UP FESTIVAL 2015
In this short talk Chris Shipley explores the Future of Us. In just 35 years, global population is expected to reach 9.6 billion. That's more that's one additional person for every two alive today. What will a crowded planet mean for the way we work and play together? Where will we find the food, energy, and clean water for support everyone? How will we all be housed, educated, and cared for? In these difficult challenges lie amazing opportunities. How do we start now to build a better future for all of us?
AMP AMPLIFY 2015
In this talk, Heather explains how rapidly advancing technology and expanding globalization requires that we rethink work, employment, and our social compact.
AMPLIFY NEW ZEALAND 2015
Heather McGowan is an education to work consultant who uses single frame visuals to clarify complex concepts such as the future of work. In this talk she explains how rapidly advancing technology and expanding globalization requires that we rethink work, employment, and our social compact.
TEDx AUSTIN, 2010
Chris Shipley is a leading technology and product analyst who has been placed on the Top 10 Minds in Small Business list by Fortune Small Business Magazine. Her self-proclaimed love of metaphors enlivens this talk with its comparison of a Sumo-type approach to business vs. a Peloton-type approach, illustrating that the best way to be big in business is to stay small.
SMART START GREECE 2015
In this short talk introducing the summit, Chris Shipley talks about her decades of experience in the start up community and the importance of building value that matters.
START UP FEST MONTREAL 2014
Silicon Valley is a geographic place. It is an "ecosystem," a "way of doing business," and even a "state of mind," by some definitions. More than any of these, though, Silicon Valley is a religion, complete with the trappings of any sacred belief system. And it's no longer for me. This talk explored why, after 30 years covering emerging technologies and companies, I'm parting ways with Silicon Valley, and why that will make me a more impactful entrepreneur.
Partial List of Talks, Workshops and Facilitation Work
- Work ReBooted, CA (Upcoming: February 2018)
- OEB, Berlin, Germany (Upcoming: December 2017)
- Computing Research Association Summit on Technology and Jobs, Washington, DC (Upcoming December 2017)
- AMP Amplify Festival, Australia (2015, 2017)
- LeadIn HR Group, China, (2017)
- ResolveTo, Toronto (2017)
- Inside/Outside Innovation Summit, Lincoln, NE (2017)
- Google News: USA, Europe, South America (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- International Startup Festival, Canada (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Innovate For Jobs (i4J), USA (2016)
- Industrial Design Society of America, USA (2016)
- Design Management Institute, USA (2015)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Solve International Conference, USA (2015)
- Council of Independent College Presidents, USA (2014, 2015)
- International Society For Innovation Management (ISPIM), Canada (2014)